Small Good Stuff is committed to providing a fully accessible website experience for all users of all abilities, including those who rely on assistive technologies like screen readers, screen enlargement software, and alternative keyboard input devices to navigate the web.
Ongoing Efforts to Ensure Accessibility
We follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 as our guiding principle for determining accessibility. These are internationally agreed-upon standards that cover a wide range of recommendations and best practices for making content useable. As we add new pages and functionality to our website, all designs, code, and content entry practices are checked against these standards.
Website accessibility is an ongoing process. We continually test content and features for WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliance and remediate any issues to ensure we meet or exceed the standards. Testing of our website is performed by our team members using industry-standard tools such as the Accessibility Checker WordPress Plugin, color contrast analyzers, keyboard-only navigation techniques, and Flesch-Kincaid readability tests.
Accessibility Features On Our Website
The following is a list of items we have included in our website to improve its accessibility:
- Options to view the site with four different text sizes.
- Options to view the site with four different colour schemes for improved contrast.
- Reviewed headings to ensure the correct heading hierarchy is used to improve usability with assistive technologies.
- Added a warning for links which open new tabs or windows.
- Working to add titles to iframes to improve usability with assistive technologies.
- Added the ability to focus elements with tooltips where previously the tooltip only displayed on hover.
Where We’re Improving
In our efforts to bring our website up to standard, we are targeting the following areas:
- Reviewing content for images with missing alternative texts, assessing if these images are decorative or not, and adding descriptive alt text to non decorative images.
- Reviewing content for headings in the incorrect order.
- Reviewing content for ambigious anchor text.
This is part of our broader effort to make everyone’s experience at Small Good Stuff a welcoming and enjoyable one. Please note that while we make every effort to provide information accessible for all users, we cannot guarantee the accessibility of third party websites to which we may link.
Accessibility Support Contact
We welcome comments, questions, and feedback on our website. If you are using assistive technologies and are having difficulty using our website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 01423503937. We will do our best to assist you and resolve issues.