Community business weekend 16-19 May 2019
Community Business Weekend is the annual open doors event that celebrates communities in England who are using business to transform where they live.
2018 saw more than 17,000 people visit 225 community businesses during the weekend.
Over the last three years, community businesses up and down the country have organized events during Community Business Weekend to:
- Engage or re-engage with their community by showcasing their services and explaining how their business benefits the local area
- Get local people signed up to volunteer, buy community shares or even become trustees
- Celebrate this unique business model that puts local people in power and say thank you to their volunteers and supporters
- Invite local dignitaries such as MPs, local councillors and mayors to raise the profile of their business
- Understand what the needs of their community are before setting up a new community business or project
- Consult local people about new plans and ideas
Community Business Weekend isn’t just about showing your community what you do. Your community is full of hidden talent, people who have useful skills they could volunteer, people who could be part of your leadership team, not to mention becoming valued customers for your products and services. Don’t forget those people who can help you through their personal and professional connections such as local government and funders. This is your chance to remind them how important and brilliant your community business is, and that it is on their doorsteps.
Community Business Weekend is supported by Power to Change, the independent charitable trust set up to support community businesses to create better places across England.
This year power to change have set up a map for you to add your community business onto in anticipation of the weekend. By listing your event you can also get free bunting and stickers from Power to Change. Find out more and get your business on the map here