Funding for individuals, groups of individuals, small businesses and local organisations or community groups in Pembrokeshire
Pembrokeshire Sustainable Development Fund are offering funding of up to £150k for individuals, groups of individuals, small businesses and local organisations or community groups in Pembrokeshire.
Objectives of Fund
The Pembrokeshire Sustainable Development Fund (SDF) supports projects that provide social, environmental, economic and cultural benefits, to improve the quality of life for communities in the National Park.
Successful projects will achieve one or more of the following:
- Recognise the needs of all people.
- Realise health benefits afforded by outdoor access and recreation.
- Provide opportunities for local employment and economic growth.
- Contribute to resilient vibrant communities.
- Protect and enhance the environment and wildlife.
- Use natural resources carefully.
- Improve understanding and awareness of sustainable living.
- Preserve local culture and heritage.
- Projects can range from locally-based schemes to those applying across the National Park or a wider area.
Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority has allocated more than £150,000 to the fund for the 2018-19 financial year, to provide financial and practical support to projects within or benefiting Pembrokeshire Coast National Park and its communities.
The programme can finance up to 50% of eligible project costs (or 75% for community groups).
Match Funding Restrictions
For community groups applying to the Fund, a minimum of 25% of the overall costs must be provided in the form of match funding. This increases to a minimum of 50% for all other applicant groups.
Who Can Apply
Individuals, group of individuals, small businesses, local organisations or community groups that have an idea for a project that will help improve the quality of life for current and future generations living in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park may apply.
The kinds of projects that can be supported include the following:
- Innovative projects that develop and test new ways to live, which balance the needs of people, the environment and the local economy.
- Projects that focus on demonstrating practical solutions for a more sustainable way of life.
- Projects that benefit the National Park and/or its communities.
- Projects that achieve one or more of the objectives of the fund (as listed in the first section)
How To Apply
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and there are no there are formal submission deadlines.
Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
To find out more about the Sustainable Development Fund, interested parties may contact PLANED on 01834 860965, email email@example.com or visit www.pembrokeshirecoast.wales/sdf