Launch of the new Silsoe Day Centre – Central Beds
At the end of last month, older people and adults with learning disabilities celebrated the opening of the new and improved facilities at Silsoe Day Centre in Central Bedfordshire.
The site now boasts a refurbished and permanent café area on site, a full refurbishment of the existing Silsoe building, a new and bright modular building and an extended parking area.
The opening also saw the launch of the new site for the Beehive Day Service for older people which has now officially moved from Ampthill to its new home at Silsoe.
The Beehive Day Service is now benefitting from the use of:
- a brand-new bathroom, with a special shower chair and tracking hoist, to help customers use all the bathroom facilities in a more dignified way
- a bright, modern and fully-equipped kitchen for all meals
- a Tovertafel, better known as a ‘magic table’, which allows interactive play via a special projector to stimulate the mind and reduce apathy
- gardening activities at the on-site allotment, which customers were not able to do before
- a bright and newly refurbished lounge area for activities and dining