Physical activity grants available to support people with Parkinson’s to stay active
Parkinson’s UK has launched a new grant to support people with Parkinson’s to stay active. Grants of up to £2500 are available.
● You, or your group or organisation should be able to say how an award will help people with Parkinson’s become and stay active, or help people increase their
levels of physical activity. This will need to be by running new activities or increasing participation – and you’ll need to show the impact of this at the
end of the project.
● The project will need to show reach and engagement with a wide range of people with Parkinson’s, especially those who may be from the following
○ Newly diagnosed
○ Young onset
○ People and groups seen as ‘under represented’ – including socially isolated, not digitally connected or ethnic communities
○ People who are not engaged with Parkinson’s UK
○ People who are inactive, or active at low levels
○ People who are still working
● The project must last for a minimum of 3 months
● Up to 100% of costs are available if required (if the criteria is met and to a maximum of £2500)
● As part of the application process you must consult with local Parkinson’s UK staff (contact information is provided on the grants webpage). The staff member is not there to help with writing your application, but may offer information and support by connecting you with people with Parkinson’s, linking you to existing networks or advising on provision and community priorities in the area.
The next application period is: Friday April 1 to Friday 10 June 2022.