Ask a Sister
We are a small business started by 2 sisters. Our aim is to provide support to the more elderly and making an independent life that is more enjoyable for them and their families.
We can provide a whole range of services, either as a one-off or on an ongoing basis, whatever suits you. We listen carefully to what you feel will be of the most practical help and do our best to make it happen.
We have found that often the families benefit as much from simply knowing that someone else is there, as much as the person themselves.
This may be accompanied shopping trips or to an important appointment, or simply getting out for an hour or so to your favourite place. We have a range of walking and mobility aids and are insured to take you wherever you wish.
Some of things we can do for you
- Accompanied shopping
- Help with making appointments and getting you there and back in safety
- Friendship and companionship
- Accompanied social outings
- Respite sitting to support carers and relatives
- Advocacy and support with filling out forms
- Meal preparation
- Weekly testing of smoke detectors and call buttons
- Clothing alterations and dressmaking
- Provide information on other essential services
- Provide wheelchair and other walking aids
- Attending when visitors may be coming to the house
- Household duties
- Supporting carers and other services
- Introduction to hobbies and interests
We have DBS checks and insured for public liability
Last Updated: 29th October, 2017