Carer Clinical Training: Train with Care Ltd
Train with Care Ltd provides highly specialist, bespoke clinical training for non-clinical care staff or personal assistants (PA’s) supporting people, children and young people with complex health needs who have a personal health budget (PHB) in their own homes; who are working via domiciliary care agencies in people’s homes; or who are working in a (residential) nursing home and require additional training.
Train with Care Ltd will ensure that PAs have the training and competencies required to carry out all delegated tasks required or alternatively provide training to this end. The training offers class room training near the individual’s location, supervised hands on training on site and skill lab training.
This training services complies with the recommendations of NHS England
Outcomes of the service
The overall outcome of Train With Care will be that PAs will be trained to a level of competence that enables them to safely care for people, children and young people with complex health needs who are cared for in the community or in Residential (nursing) homes.
We are passionate qualified nursing professionals highly experienced and trained to look after people and children with complex needs.
We will provide clinical and/or non-clinical training delivered by:
- Registered staff with appropriate current (paediatric) professional qualifications and the necessary skills and experience
- Staff who have an up-to-date DBS checked
- Staff who are covered by the relevant Professional Indemnity Liability Insurance
- Staff who are appropriately qualified to deliver training required
Locations (Geographical area)
Train With Care will cover all areas in South West England with a base in South Devon.
Any training and consultancy requests outside this area will be considered on an individual basis.
Clinical skills training offered (and can be extended)
· Administration of buccal Midazolam
· Administration of medication basic and specific in accordance with prescription via internal tubes/ nasogastric tubes, gastrostomy or jejunostomy device.
· Administration of rectal Paraldehyde
· Administration of rectal medication with pre-packaged dose-rectal diazepam / suppositories
· Administration of Nebuliser medication
· Administration of Oxygen
· Autonomic Dysreflexia
· Bag Mask Ventilation
· Blood glucose monitoring and sub cut injections (insulin)
· Bowel management
· Catheterisation (male & female) and catheter & bag care
· Care Certificate (Skills for Care)
· Clinical Observations
· Dementia care & end stage recognition
· Dysphagia and risk of choking
· Diabetes Care with recognition of Hypoglycaemia & Hyperglycaemia
· End of life care and after care
· Enteral feeding (gastrostomy, jejunostomy) and understanding of ketogenic diet specific to individual
· Epilepsy Awareness
· Food Hygiene level 1 & 2
· Health & Safety level 1
· Injections with preassembled device.
· Infection Control & Prevention
· Mandatory Training (Moving & Handling, Basic Life Support, First Aid)
· Mental Capacity & DoLS
· Mouth Care
· Naso-gastric tube feeding & administration of medication
· Naso-pharyngeal suctioning with a suction catheter
· National Early Warning Score (NEWS)
· Oral suction with yankauer or suction catheter
· Record keeping and documentation
· Recognition of Sepsis
· Safeguarding vulnerable adults level 2 & children level 1
· Saturation monitoring
· Seizure management and observations (see Epilepsy awareness)
· Skin care, pressure ulcer prevention
· Stoma care and skin care
· Syringe Driver McKinley T34
· Syringe feeding & ethical dilemma’s
· Tracheostomy care including emergency or planned change of tracheostomy tube and suction with a suction catheter
· Tracheostomy Basic Life Support
· Ventilation, BIPAP, CPAP, Cough Assist Machine
What does Train With Care cost?
Cost of all services are based on an hourly rate of £55 with travel time included for weekdays.
If training is required at weekend days or evenings, after 6pm, an enhanced hourly rate will be charged of £65.
Mileage is rated at 0,45p/mile.
For some training there will be a charge for the hire or use of mannequins and venues if the training cannot be delivered at the home due to Covid restrictions and social distancing.
Last Updated: 20th December, 2021
Quality recognition and indicator awards
Please be aware that the information below has been supplied by this provider. Small Good Stuff hasn't checked that it is true and accurate so you might want to do this yourself.
Contract with North Somerset Community Partnership CIC Ltd T/A Partner2Care
Training contract for clients with a Personal Health Budget
Disclosure and barring check:
- all workers (in eligible roles)
Award or recognition:
Award for Best Individual, 9th July 2008 ACT
Royal Society of Medicine, Section of Palliative care, Dec 2009: 3rd Prize 'Innovation and research
in Palliative Care'
Outstanding Achievement Award, 27th September 2012, East Sussex County Council.
Appreciation Award, East Sussex Parents & Carers Council, September 2013.
Endorsed provider for Skills for Care since 2020, renewed Oct 2021.