Carer Clinical Training: Train with Care Ltd
Train with Care Ltd provides highly specialist, bespoke clinical training for non-clinical care staff or personal assistants (PA’s) supporting people, children and young people with complex health needs who have a personal health budget (PHB) in their own homes; who are working via domiciliary care agencies in people’s homes; or who are working in a (residential) nursing home and require additional training.
Train with Care Ltd will ensure that PAs have the training and competencies required to carry out all delegated tasks required or alternatively provide training to this end. The training offers class room training near the individual’s location, supervised hands on training on site and skill lab training.
This training services complies with the recommendations of NHS England
Outcomes of the service
The overall outcome of Train With Care will be that PAs will be trained to a level of competence that enables them to safely care for people, children and young people with complex health needs who are cared for in the community or in Residential (nursing) homes.
We are passionate qualified nursing professionals highly experienced and trained to look after people and children with complex needs.
We will provide clinical and/or non-clinical training delivered by:
- Registered staff with appropriate current (paediatric) professional qualifications and the necessary skills and experience
- Staff who have an up-to-date DBS checked
- Staff who are covered by the relevant Professional Indemnity Liability Insurance
- Staff who are appropriately qualified to deliver training required
Locations (Geographical area)
Train With Care will cover all areas in South West England with a base in South Devon.
Any training and consultancy requests outside this area will be considered on an individual basis.
Clinical skills training offered (and can be extended)
- Standards of Care
- Ventilation, BIPAP
- Tracheostomy care including emergency or planned change of tracheostomy tube and suction with a suction catheter
- Administration of medication basic and specific in accordance with prescription via internal tubes/ nasogastric tubes, orally bolus or continuous feeds via nasogastric, gastrostomy or jejunostomy device.
- Enteral feeding (gastrostomy, jejunostomy) and understanding of ketotonic diet specific to individual
- Oral suction with yankaeur or suction catheter
- Injections with preassembled device.
- (Intermittent)) catheterisation and catheter care
- Stoma care and maintenance
- Bowel management
- Skin care, pressure ulcer prevention
- Rectal medication with pre-packaged dose-rectal diazepam
- Buccal or intranasal midazolam
- Nebuliser care
- Oxygen administration
- Saturation monitoring
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Seizure management and observations
- Record keeping and documentation
- First aid including airway maintenance and basic life support
- End of life care and bereavement support
- Moving and Handling
- Fire and Safety
Pricing and Service delivery (KPI’s)
When a request for training is received by Train With Care, a personalised training plan including costs based on the care and support plan and a home visit is delivered within 7 working days.
The training plan will include (as a minimum) details of classroom-based training; 1:1 training with the PA(s) and PHB holder; observation period; initial assessment; ongoing refresher training; supervision (if required) and competence assessment requirements.
Requests for an independent CHC assessment will be responded to in 7 working days. A full assessment and report will be delivered within 4 weeks.
Cost of all services are based on an hourly rate of £45 (travel time will be included due to the geographical coverage), mileage is rated at 0.45p/mile.
Training and supervision packages are tailored to the individual case and specific requirements.
Last Updated: 23rd February, 2017
Quality recognition and indicator awards
Please be aware that the information below has been supplied by this provider. Small Good Stuff hasn't checked that it is true and accurate so you might want to do this yourself.
Contract with North Somerset Community Partnership CIC Ltd T/A Partner2Care
Training contract for clients with a Personal Health Budget
Disclosure and barring check:
- all workers (in eligible roles)
Award or recognition:
• Award for Best Individual, 9th July 2008 ACT
• Royal Society of Medicine, Section of Palliative care, Dec 2009: 3rd Prize 'Innovation and research
in Palliative Care'
• Outstanding Achievement Award, 27th September 2012, East Sussex County Council.
• Appreciation Award, East Sussex Parents & Carers Council, September 2013.