Chard Watch CIC
Are you lonely? Isolated?
Chard Watch offers a fun, non-judgemental, safe and friendly place for adults who want that chance to take time out for a day to meet others that understand.
We are unique in what we do as we put our members at the heart of our one day a week project in voicing what activities they would like to undertake, or in fact run themselves.
Our motto is Your Potential, Your Voice, Your Way and we believe that helping members find their skills creates confidence and self-esteem to open those doors which seemed in the past not possible.
With over 10 years now of Peer Support experience, we help people make those valuable friendships to shift from loneliness, to finding a friend or support, to worthwhile organisations within the local community.
What would you get if you came to WATCH?
- Thursday project opening from 11.00 until 4pm at CHARD RUGBY CLUB TA20 1RH
- Freshly cooked healthy meal for £2.50 with low price tea and coffees
- Arts and crafts
- Organised trips to wonderful places like Folly or Magdalen Farm
- Variety of FREE courses over the year from Confidence Building, Keep Fit, Walks, Tai Chi, etc
- Chance to create your own mini project
- Local Events with members and volunteers
- Cooking experience with our volunteer chefs
- Pool, darts etc.
- Board games
- Signposting support to other organisations for help with benefits, debt advice, etc.
We believe change can happen when someone feels heard and valued. Everyone at Watch tries their best to create a learning, safe environment so that when someone is ready to take that step it is their way.
|Address||42 Fore Street (office)
|Keywords||friendship, peer support, , community,|
|Categories||Health and wellbeing including therapies, Socialising, companionship and friendship, User led|
Quality recognition and indicator awards
Please be aware that the information below has been supplied by this provider. Small Good Stuff hasn't checked that it is true and accurate so you might want to do this yourself.
|Disclosure and barring check:||for all workers (in eligible roles)|