Dudley Voices for Choice
Dudley Voices for Choice are a user led self advocacy organisation that supports people with learning disabilities and autism to speak up for themselves.
We do this in a number of different ways including:
- Attending meetings held by different organisations, including the local council and health authority, to help them work in an inclusive way
- Being members of the Dudley learning disability partnership board and West Midlands forum
- Employing people with learning disabilities and autism to deliver training, we call this Experts by Experience
- Carrying out peer reviews where we attend a service and experience what customers do, we then write a report to say what we enjoyed and what we think could be improved
- Promoting the employment of people with learning disabilities and autism, and being part of the Disability Confident campaign and promoting it to local businesses in Dudley
- Being part of the Safe Places scheme for vulnerable people, which gives people a place of safety, if it is needed when out and about in their local community.
We also offer a range of services to other organisations such as developing and producing easy read literature and documents, and training on learning disability awareness which is delivered by our Experts by Experience.
Some exciting new developments are happening with our training where we are planning to setting up a specialist drama group for people with learning disabilities.
This group will produce and film drama pieces as a reusable training tool that highlights issues that people with a learning disability face in their everyday lives, as well as offering bespoke training to organisations.
- 01384 422666 / 07930 636 552
10-12 Charter Street
Quality recognition and indicator awards
Please be aware that the information below has been supplied by this provider. Small Good Stuff hasn't checked that it is true and accurate so you might want to do this yourself.
Contract with Dudley Council
A service level agreement that supports people with learning disabilities and autism to speak up for themselves and their peers so they can be active citizens within their communities.
Disclosure and barring check:
- all workers (in eligible roles)
- all volunteers (in eligible roles)
Presence on directory or e marketplace:
The Dudley Community Information Directory
Commitment to Making it Real
Award or recognition:
Volunteer Awards from Dudley CVS