Envolve Wellness Ltd
We are a not for profit social enterprise delivering specialised exercise interventions for people with long term health conditions and additional needs. Clients we worked with have varied condition, eg. Autism, Learning disabilities, Parkinson, Dementia, hearing/vision impairment, with history of falls, in wheelchairs etc. And sessions are based in community on regular basis as well as within an establishment such as care home, supported living etc.
We launched with the first project Family BoxerciSEN in January 2016 and have continued to increase the range of community services we deliver.
Our services include the following:
- Family BoxerciSEN: Autism-friendly classes to develop strength, focus and confidence and reduce social anxiety. Classes where the family are active together.
- Boxercise SEN workshops are delivered in daycare or school settings and encourage uptake and adherence of physical activity.
- ActiVibe is a daytime project for adults with additional needs doing various exercises to enrich their day and build confidence and communication skills.
- Dance for Dementia (DFD): a dance programme suitable for people at most stages of the disease that aids communication and relaxation.
- Dance for Parkinsons (DFP) helps develop movement and balance and addresses issues around gait and posture control.
- Strong & Steady is an evidence based falls prevention programme for people with poor mobility or have a history or at risk of falling, to regain their essential strength and balance.
- Spring Steps is low-impact, standing exercises ideal for people living with low grade arthritis and back pain, focussing on cardiac function and muscle strength.
- Oomph! is a community wellbeing programme incorporating exercises and sports games to improve life quality for older adults.
- Adapted Zumba
- Adapted drumming
Last Updated: 7th May, 2020
Quality recognition and indicator awards
Please be aware that the information below has been supplied by this provider. Small Good Stuff hasn't checked that it is true and accurate so you might want to do this yourself.
Contract with Solihull Council
Falls prevention session called strong and steady
Disclosure and barring check:
- all workers (in eligible roles)
- all volunteers (in eligible roles)
Award or recognition:
I have been through the Community Catalysts programme in my area Community Catalysts runs a local development programme in the area where this entrepreneur is operating that offers help, advice and support to local people. As part of this programme this enterprise/venture has signed up to the Doing It Right Standards. This does not mean that they have been accredited or approved in any way by the local council or by Community Catalysts and people should continue to do their own checks.
- Social Enterprise Mark