Grace’s Place is a community, non profit making company set up to provide person-centred day services in the founder’s home. We work with adults with physical, mental health or learning disabilities who would benefit from engaging in small group activities
Our highly motivated team consists of professionals in health and social care who have extensive experience of working alongside adults with physical and learning difficulties.
Our service operates 5 days a week, Monday to Friday and our charge for the day of £50 includes lunch and drinks. Transport could be available on request at an additional cost.
We offer different activities on each day of the week as follows:
- Craft Group – Monday
- Re-ablement Luncheon Club – Tuesday
- Transport Training Group – Wednesday
- Gardening Group – Thursday
- Older Person’s Luncheon and Reminiscence Session – Friday
During these activity sessions we work with people on a small group basis and in a very personalised way in order to support and develop :
- Managing physical health and well being
- Developing confidence and self esteem
- Engagement with work and training activities
- Self – care skills
- Living skills
- Relationships and capacity to interact with others
- Community involvement and social networks
As we know that not everyone wants to be in a group environment, we also offer the option of structured one-one sessions in the person’s own home to achieve their own specific identified goals.
We also offer bespoke professional independent assessments such as activities of daily living, best interest and capacity assessments.
Last Updated: 7th July, 2014