Here For You, “Because YOU matter”
Here For You “Because YOU matter ”
A little about me
Hello, my name is Vicky. I like to think I’m a positive enthusiastic person with a fun sense of character. I have worked in adult social care for the past 16 years, working mostly alongside adults with learning disabilities, as a support worker, from a varied age range and also in different care settings such as, day services, supported living, and in the community. I also have experience in mental health and challenging behaviour. I have recently been working at a hospital to gain more experience with the elderly and getting to grips with dementia, which can be very upsetting for the family.
I have grown very fondly towards the people I have supported over the years, and I believe my passion and dedication will always be making a difference to people by enhancing their lives or even taking some stress or anxiety away from daily tasks. I enjoy finding out about people’s interests and them as a person, I’m very passionate about supporting individuals with their daily living preferences, whilst also respecting their choices. I understand how hard it must be to open your home to a unfamiliar person, and share delicate information and private concerns but I promise to keep information about you confidential. I’m very keen to make this process as easy as possible by a friendly but respectful approach and “fitting in” with the ways of the household. I am a great believer in “treat others how you would want to be treated yourself”.
What can I offer you?
I can offer you great care and support in whatever way works best and suits you as a person, whilst making sure tasks are carried out safely –
- I can help with washing and dressing (led by you)
- I can accompany you to health appointments
- I can help with any correspondence, form filling, phonecalls.
- I can help you with general housework at your request, declutter, organise.
- I can help with meal planning, meal preparation, cooking.
- I can help write a shopping list, or collect and unpack for you
- I can support you to maintain contact with family or friends
- I can help get you out and about in the fresh air
- I can sit and stay with you whilst family pop out
- I can help you with any interests or hobbies you would like to fulfil
- I can help you on a computer
- I can help you with any pet care needs
- I can help you with beauty
If you would like a service that’s not on my list please don’t be afraid to ask. I am registered with HMRC and hold a full DBS check alongside public liability carers insurance.
Please feel free to get in touch for a friendly no obligation chat, to see if we can work together to help you manage, or take some of the pressure off of your loved ones, I would love to be ” Here For YOU”
Last Updated: 28th September, 2018
- 07824825488 or 01278723725
Advice and information, Food and drink, Gardening and horticulture, Health and wellbeing including therapies, Help in the home or garden, Hobbies and interests, Personal care, Planning and representation including advocacy and Support Planning, Socialising, companionship and friendship, Sport and active pursuits, Support for carers, Support to manage money, Transport, User led