Pioneer Approaches Ltd
Pioneer Approaches Ltd is a small community based and not for profit company. We offer specialist and innovative creative support (with an emphasis on creative arts) in leisure, personal development, life skills and employment. This can be on a one-to-one basis or on a group activities basis.
We also deliver creative training sessions, together with ‘experts by experience’, that are based on the ideas and input of the people involved. This means we don’t ask people to try to be as ‘like us’ as possible; rather, we adapt, and keep adapting, until we get it right and can tell a story or deliver a message in a way that has meaning to the individuals involved, whatever their ability.
We work with people across the spectrum of disabilities and differences, drawing on a wealth of experience in supporting people with a range of conditions such as Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome and those who may have additional needs, such as mental health issues, dementia, complex and profound disabilities and behaviour that may be considered challenging.
Our good reputation across Hertfordshire demonstrates the effectiveness of using cutting edge approaches, through working in a collaborative and non-directive way to deliver creative and innovative support that truly reflects the ideas, personality, talents and interests of the individuals we work with and for
Our team are able to draw upon a range of skills and approaches that are based on experience that includes :
- Working with very vulnerable adults, including those with mental health issues, challenges, and those who do not currently have a timetable that meets their complex needs. Providing musical support, teaching people with a range of needs to play a guitar, adapting instruments to suit an individual, or using music technology and other instruments and equipment to create sounds together.
- Delivering further education by qualified tutors and therapists, such as social skills, art, media and drama, poetry and song-writing to name a few.
- Developing person-centred media work, such as a film, an animated PowerPoint for a person-centred plan or communication for positive reinforcement.
- Accompanying individuals to build a meaningful timetable in the community.
- Working alongside a service provider with any of the above to share strategies and give guidance, in order that the activity can eventually be continued without our support.
- Representing people with creative talents (artists, musicians/actors) etc. to publicise and sell their work and/or ideas
One to One support and Group Activities:
In our one-to-one support and with group activities we share and develop creative approaches to enabling (or ‘re-enabling’) people to develop their independence, self-esteem and overall potential
We deliver a range of activities, run by qualified tutors and experienced staff who are specialists in their field
- Performing Arts
- Social Skills
- Life Skills
- Creative Media
- Exploring relationships
- Train the trainer
- Sensory interaction
We are always happy to set up groups and activities in response to the wishes and needs of the people who request them
The ethos that underpins all that Pioneer Approaches Ltd offers is an inclusive one that truly values people of every ability, across the spectrum of disabilities and differences
Last Updated: 26th September, 2023
Quality recognition and indicator awards
Please be aware that the information below has been supplied by this provider. Small Good Stuff hasn't checked that it is true and accurate so you might want to do this yourself.
Disclosure and barring check:
- all workers (in eligible roles)
Commitment to Making it Real
Award or recognition:
I have been through the Community Catalysts programme in Hertfordshire - 18/09/2023 Community Catalysts runs a local development programme in the area where this entrepreneur is operating that offers help, advice and support to local people. As part of this programme this enterprise/venture has signed up to the Doing It Right Standards. This does not mean that they have been accredited or approved in any way by the local council or by Community Catalysts and people should continue to do their own checks.