Project DARE! Body Adoration
Project DARE! Is a not-for-profit organisation specialising in providing workshops that get participants feeling confident, proud of their body and of course, uber Daring… We specialise in working with people experiencing low self-esteem and/or body confidence.
You can expect:
- Theatrical and drama based exercises that celebrate the body & mind
- Build inner & outer confidence in a safe space
- Delve into, understand and nurture a positive body image
- Develop social skills, form friendships and practise self-compassion
- Learn skills cabaret performers & actors use on stage
- Explore techniques theatre practitioners use to bring together communities and expand knowledge of ones-self
- Gain scientific knowledge, exploring inside your body genius
- Take away a minimum of 7 learnt ‘Dares’…
The workshops are designed for adults (men & women 16years +). No prior knowledge is required and the sessions are accessible for all shapes, sizes and fitness levels. However the participants must be willing to work as a team and have a good command of English.
Last Updated: 19th August, 2016
- 07507 53 0929
We are currently taking bookings for the DARE! session workshops in Southwark/Lambeth and Croydon
50 Knatchbull Road, London, SE5 9QY
1 Matthews Yard, Croydon, CR0 1FF
Quality recognition and indicator awards
Please be aware that the information below has been supplied by this provider. Small Good Stuff hasn't checked that it is true and accurate so you might want to do this yourself.
Disclosure and barring check:
- all workers (in eligible roles)
- all volunteers (in eligible roles)
Award or recognition:
Project DARE! has received recognition from the Chief Executive of Public Health Duncan Selbie who said "Project DARE! is a creative and unique approach to self-compassion, confidence and a positive body image" London's 'Innovation Unit' described P.D. as the 'changing face of mental health services'
DARE! is a part of the front door to mental health services, supported by Lambeths LivingWell Network & London Community Foundation. Please visit the website to view the full list of supporters.
- Social Enterprise Mark