Right Beside You
Right Beside You is a support service for older adults and adults with disabilities or life limiting conditions.
This service offers bespoke practical support on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. It recognises that everybody is unique, with different wishes, needs and ways of doing things. It also recognises that support should not be rushed which is why visits take a minimum of 1 hour.
Locations covered – Hitchin, Letchworth, Henlow, Arlesey and Stondon.
Support offered (but not limited to):
- Companionship – Somebody to keep you company and keep you positive.
- Household tasks – Help around the home such as light cleaning, tidying, organising, cooking, basic gardening and more.
- Help to pursue hobbies & interests – Encourage and assist you to explore old or new hobbies e.g. art, listening to music, watching films, cooking or whatever it may be!
- Chaperone – Accompanying you to appointments or events via public transport or on foot (non-driver).
- Shopping – Help to manage your food cupboards and completing small shopping trips if required. Larger orders can be arranged online.
- Assistance with technology – Help with things such as online orders, emails, apps and the general use of computers and mobile devices.
- Carer breaks – support for carers (e.g. family member or live-in-carer)
Please note that no personal care or moving and handling will be involved in this service.
I, Chloe Brown – the sole support worker and manager for Right Beside You, work with empathy and kindness, going the extra mile to give you the best support possible. I have completed a Psychology degree and several training certificates which give me the skills and knowledge to fulfill this role. Special areas of my education to note are empathy, brain function & cognition, dementia, social issues and mental health. I also underwent training related to COVID-19 so rest assured you can feel that you are in safe hands during these times.
A few recent examples of some of the support I have been providing can demonstrate how this service could be of benefit to you…
Providing much needed company during the coronavirus pandemic. Collecting and handing out old hobby magazines to keep people occupied. Keeping people stocked up with food and supplies. Helping set up smart devices to be accessible to disabled persons.
*Affiliate of the Hertfordshire Care Professional Standards Academy. Public liability insured. DBS checked*
Last Updated: 17th December, 2020
Quality recognition and indicator awards
Please be aware that the information below has been supplied by this provider. Small Good Stuff hasn't checked that it is true and accurate so you might want to do this yourself.
Disclosure and barring check:
Award or recognition:
I have been through the Community Catalysts programme in my area Community Catalysts runs a local development programme in the area where this entrepreneur is operating that offers help, advice and support to local people. As part of this programme this enterprise/venture has signed up to the Doing It Right Standards. This does not mean that they have been accredited or approved in any way by the local council or by Community Catalysts and people should continue to do their own checks.