Spectrum Community Arts Ltd
Spectrum Community Arts Ltd was set up in 2017.
Our aim is to make performing arts opportunities available and accessible for all! We want to help build confidence, self-esteem and help you keep fit all while making friends and having fun! We make sure our sessions are safe spaces so you can be yourself with no judgement!
We now provide 6 different term-time only clubs for people with disabilities and/or additional needs. Our Adult Movers club runs on Monday evenings 7-8pm and is open to anyone over 18 years old who would struggle to access a mainstream dance club. We often work towards learning routines for performances!
In a typical hour long class you would;
- Enter the hall, put your bag and coat on a chair and greet your friends
- Make a circle for a warm up to music
- Learn part of a dance routine
- Have a brief drink break and a chance to socialise with the other dancers
- Continue working on the dance routine
- Work together as a whole group to make our own new dance routine!
- Make a circle again for a cool down and stretch out to music
- Gather your belongings and make your way home
Try something new. Stay fit and healthy. Make friends. Have fun!
Last Updated: 7th May, 2020
Quality recognition and indicator awards
Please be aware that the information below has been supplied by this provider. Small Good Stuff hasn't checked that it is true and accurate so you might want to do this yourself.
Disclosure and barring check:
- all workers (in eligible roles)
- all volunteers (in eligible roles)
Award or recognition:
I have been through the Community Catalysts programme in my area Community Catalysts runs a local development programme in the area where this entrepreneur is operating that offers help, advice and support to local people. As part of this programme this enterprise/venture has signed up to the Doing It Right Standards. This does not mean that they have been accredited or approved in any way by the local council or by Community Catalysts and people should continue to do their own checks.