Total Communication Services CIC
Total Communication is a Community Interest Company
Our aim is to promote communication, well-being, choice and personalisation through our specialist skills in in person centred communication support for people with a learning disability. We are also working to address the current lack of suitable communication resources for adults with a learning disability from an Asian heritage background.
We offer speech and language therapy, music therapy, dramatherapy, dance movement therapy and social work and we are also able to provide bilingual support in Mirpuri, Urdu and Bangla.
Particular aspects of what we can offer to people with learning disabilities and also other organisations include:
- Communication assessment in Punjabi/Mirpuri/Urdu
- Music therapy assessment and intervention
- Music therapy training
- Communication choir-joint music therapy and speech and language therapy
- Ability to commission our graphic artist to create tailor made line drawings
- Social work assessment
- Co-production consultation by a social worker
- Best interest assessments by a social worker
- Person centred plans by a social worker
- Mindfulness training by a dramatherapist
- Groups run by joint therapists in dramatherapy and music therapy and speech and language therapy, with future plans to offer dance movement therapy
- Training and consultancy
- The development of resources including easy read materials
We are very aware of the lack of suitable resources for adults with a learning disability from an Asian heritage background and we plan to contribute to improving this situation by developing a picture bank of culturally appropriate images which will be freely available on our website to people with a learning disability and their families and also to other organisations. By making this resource free of charge, we hope that there will be wider benefits in enabling others to support choice and understanding in more culturally sensitive ways.
If you are interested in working with us or in finding out more, please do get in touch as we would love to hear from you.
Last Updated: 9th November, 2016
Quality recognition and indicator awards
Please be aware that the information below has been supplied by this provider. Small Good Stuff hasn't checked that it is true and accurate so you might want to do this yourself.
Disclosure and barring check:
- all workers (in eligible roles)
- all volunteers (in eligible roles)