Yogacise is a small and friendly community based provider offering a form of yoga and gentle exercise for people with a variety of needs who might otherwise find it difficult to access exercise classes.
Yogacise has been set up by Sara Kent who is a local resident of Hertfordshire and a qualified yoga and aerobics teacher with experience of running classes for adults and children with disabilities. Sara is the parent carer of a teenager with learning disabilities and is experienced in working with physical restrictions, different behaviours and ways of communicating such as sign supported speech.
Yogacise takes a very inclusive and individually tailored approach to yoga and reflects Sara’s passion that yoga and gentle exercise should be accessible to all. Yogacise allows anyone to take part in a very gentle form of yoga and aerobic exercise and many of the poses are practiced while sitting in a chair or using a chair for balance.
Yogacise works with people who may have a range of needs including:
- people with a learning and/or physical disability
- older people
- people with dementia
- people with enduring or terminal health problems, including back problems, multiple sclerosis, asthma and cancer
Although the form of yoga that Yogacise takes is a gentle one, the benefits are no less powerful and they include:
- Improved flexibility, strength, balance and circulation
- Reduced anxiety and increased calmness and energy
- Helping older people reduce the risk of a fall
- Relief from symptoms of a range of health conditions including multiple sclerosis, neck and back pain, arthritis, stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, osteoporosis and asthma
- Improved body awareness, confidence and self-esteem, and feelings of general well being
Yogacise is available in Bishops Stortford and the surrounding areas and our sessions can be offered in a variety of ways and a variety of settings
- Sessions in the premises of providers, who wish to enhance what they offer to the people who use their services by working in partnership with us, such as care homes, day services, hospices, and sheltered housing schemes.
- Working directly with people on a 1: 1 bespoke basis in their own homes. A quotation based on your own individual requirements will be provided following our free no obligation consultation
- Working directly with people on a small group basis in a community based venue.
Last Updated: 8th August, 2014
- 0790 183 7854
- Merline Cottage, Nelson Road, Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM23 3LH