Tailored support available for social ventures from the University of Cambridge
The Cambridge Judge Business School at the University of Cambridge are offering all sorts of social ventures to get started and grow through the next six to 12 months of their journey. Whether you have global plans or are making an impact in your local community, their support is tailored to suit you.
Since 2014, the University has helped dozens of social ventures to grow, find customers, make a social impact and raise finance.
If the time’s not right for you to join the incubator yet, their Social Venture Weekends are a great chance to develop your business model, get feedback from our team and hear more about the programme.
The business programme offer includes:
- six months of structured support, including monthly training days and regular meetings with an advisor
- further flexible support for up to 12 months if needed, negotiated with each entrepreneur
- support and introductions to become investment-ready and access finance, including loans and angel investment
- support to embed and protect your social mission through appropriate legal structures
- connections to business networks and the social sector
- shared co-working space in central Cambridge
- bursaries for entrepreneurs experiencing personal, long-term, financial hardship to enable them to engage with our programme.
Entrepreneurs wishing to join the programme should:
- be working full-time on their venture, or making steps towards that goal
- embed their social mission in their organisation
- measure their social impact
- be an active member of our community at the Cambridge Centre for Social Innovation.
Closing date for applications is 20th January 2020.